The California Zephyr from Denver to San Francisco is hands-down the United States’ most spectacular train route, offering unparalleled wilderness scenery as it traverses the country’s two highest mountain ranges.
What is the best Amtrak route?
Some of the Best Amtrak Train Routes
- Benefits of Train Travel.
- The Best Amtrak Train Routes.
- Adirondack: Between New York City and Montreal.
- California Zephyr: Between Chicago and San Francisco.
- Coast Starlight: Between Los Angeles and Seattle.
- Empire Builder: Between Chicago and Portland or Seattle.
- Sunset Limited: Between New Orleans and Los Angeles.
What is the best train ride in the USA?
Here are the top 10:
- Amtrak’s Coast Starlight. Route: Seattle – Portland – Los Angeles.
- Amtrak’s Empire Builder. Route: Chicago – St.
- Amtrak’s California Zephyr.
- Amtrak’s Southwest Chief.
- Grand Canyon Railway.
- Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.
Can you hop on and off Amtrak trains?
Amtrak, the U.S. national rail network, brings travelers with a rail pass across America by train. For example, you can travel from Washington to Chicago using one segment, hop off the train and pay a visit to Wrigley Field and Buckingham Fountain.
What is the route of the California Zephyr?
The California Zephyr is a daily long-distance Amtrak train connecting downtown Chicago to the San Francisco Bay area (Emeryville, near Oakland). The journey takes about 51 hours, making it the second longest passenger train route in America and one of the longer ones in the world.