- What should you bring to your dorm?
- Are diffusers allowed in dorms?
- What appliances can you have in a dorm?
- What should you bring to a dorm room?
- What college has the best dorms?
- Can you have microwaves in dorm rooms?
- Can you burn candles in dorm rooms?
- Are blenders allowed in dorms?
- Can you have a crockpot in a dorm?
- Are toaster ovens allowed in dorm rooms?
- Can you have coffee makers in dorm rooms?
10 Things You Should NOT Bring to College
- Your high school T-shirts.
- Your entire collection of heels that you’ve cultivated since birth.
- Your library.
- A bunch of random school supplies.
- 12 pairs of sheets and 20,000 towels.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Coffee maker.
- Out-of-season clothes.
What should you bring to your dorm?
Bath and Bedding
- Comforter and/or quilts (Consider bringing sturdy, easy-to-wash items)
- Throw blanket.
- Bed sheets (Suggested Size: Twin XL)
- Mattress pad.
- Reading pillow.
- Alarm clock.
Are diffusers allowed in dorms?
Diffusers for Dorm Rooms. Since most dorms ban (in theory) the burning of candles in rooms, and plug-ins can give many people headaches, diffusers become a very attractive option. While they won’t get rid of the odors (sadly only cleaning or Lampe Berger lamps will do that) they do mask odors very well.
What appliances can you have in a dorm?
5 Back-to-School Appliances You’ll Need For Your Dorm
- Mini Fridge & Compact Refrigerator. The obvious appliance that every dorm needs is the mini fridge.
- Microwave. Having a dependable microwave is another must-have dorm appliance.
- Humidifiers. On most college campuses, dormitories usually tend to be hot and dry places to live.
- Coffee Machine.
What should you bring to a dorm room?
Dorm Room Essentials Checklist
- Alarm clock. So you can make that 8 a.m. biology class.
- Bed linens. Bring your own comforter, sheets, and pillow(s).
- Clothes hangers. Bring just one type of hanger, and your closet will look more orderly.
- Desk lamp.
- DVD player, stereo, and television.
- Laundry basket.
What college has the best dorms?
The result is a list of highly regarded schools that also happen to have really great dorms.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 85.7.
- Pomona College. College Consensus.
- Bowdoin College. 83.6.
- University of Chicago. 79.9.
- Scripps College. 77.9.
- Bryn Mawr College. 77.6.
- Washington University in St Louis. 75.5.
- Oberlin College. 75.4.
Can you have microwaves in dorm rooms?
Few dorm rooms require more than one mini-fridge or microwave, for instance. CNBC spoke with college experts, current undergraduate students and volunteers with end-of-semester donation programs to find out what common dorm room purchases just aren’t worth the space.
Can you burn candles in dorm rooms?
Unfortunately, because dorm life crowds students so closely together, candles are often banned as a fire hazard. However, there are plenty of alternatives that can produce the same effect, either by providing light that’s softer than dorm lamps or scents that make a crowded, messy room smell a bit better.
Are blenders allowed in dorms?
Small kitchen appliances —Having your own mini-fridge and microwave can be very convenient, but not all schools allow them in all dorm rooms. The same is true for other small appliances like blenders, toaster ovens, coffee makers, and electric kettles. Always check with your school before buying or bringing them.
Can you have a crockpot in a dorm?
Obey the Rules and Eat Well
Please make sure that you are allowed to have a microwave, rice cooker, indoor grill, or electric skillet in your room. A microwave, a crockpot, a rice cooker, a dual contact grill, a refrigerator, a toaster oven or toaster, and a hot pot will let you make just about anything.
Are toaster ovens allowed in dorm rooms?
Unfortunately, toaster ovens are not allowed in the residence halls.
Can you have coffee makers in dorm rooms?
So, are coffee makers allowed in dorms? Normally, coffee makers are allowed as long as they do not have a hot plate. This means that pod-style coffee makers will generally be allowed but drip-style coffee makers will not usually be allowed.