- What is the dress code for dinner on Viking River Cruises?
- What do you wear on a scenic river cruise?
- What do you wear on a river cruise in Europe?
- What do you wear on an Avalon River Cruise?
- What should I pack for a Viking River cruise?
- What is included in Viking River Cruises?
- What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- How should I dress for dinner on a cruise?
- What is the most popular river cruise in Europe?
- What is the best river cruise in Europe?
- What should I pack for a European river cruise?
- What do you wear on a Uniworld river cruise?
- Are gratuities included on Viking River Cruises?
- What should I pack for a river cruise?
- What do you wear to a captain’s dinner?
- Are drinks included on Viking River Cruises?
- Can you bring a curling iron on a Viking River cruise?
- How much are drinks on Viking River Cruises?
While the restaurants offer a fine dining experience, the dress code is optional.
Of course, you may choose to dress up, but many passengers will opt for “elegant casual”.
There are no “formal nights” on a river cruise.
For ladies – Dresses, skirts or pants with a blouse or sweater is appropriate.
What is the dress code for dinner on Viking River Cruises?
There are no “formal nights” and recommended evening dress is “elegant casual” such as a dress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse for ladies; for gentlemen, trousers and a collared shirt.
What do you wear on a scenic river cruise?
Scenic Jewel Dress Code
Dress is casual during the day (bring sturdy, comfortable shoes for all the walking tours) and smart casual at night. Ladies would wear dressy pants outfits, skirts or dresses, while men donned nice slacks and button-down shirts (jackets optional).
What do you wear on a river cruise in Europe?
The duration of river cruises in Europe is typically eight days, so when choosing your holiday wardrobe, stick to one or two colour schemes. Keep basics such as trousers, shorts or skirts, dark, neutral or plain, as they’ll be easier to mix and match with striped polo shirts, colourful T-shirts or a patterned blouse.
What do you wear on an Avalon River Cruise?
Please bring comfortable walking shoes for sightseeing. Dinner attire is casual—open-neck shirts and slacks for men; slacks, skirts, or dresses for ladies. Coats and ties may be worn if preferred. The Welcome and Farewell Dinners in Europe are dressy, but not formal.
What should I pack for a Viking River cruise?
- Comfortable trousers or jeans are best, or if the weather calls for it, shorts or skirts are also appropriate.
- Lightweight, breathable tops. Both long and short sleeved.
- A lightweight jacket or sweater for cooler weather. (
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunglasses.
What is included in Viking River Cruises?
A Viking river cruise is remarkable value with just about everything included in the price, including:
- Returning flights from the UK*.
- Deluxe ensuite accommodation with river view.
- All on board meals.
- Specially selected wine, beer and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
Weather and prices
Best time for a European river cruise, weather-wise: From late June to mid-October the climate is warm and dry. Cheapest time for a European river cruise: Europe attracts fewer visitors during winter due to freezing temperatures. This makes river cruises cheaper during October, November and December.
How should I dress for dinner on a cruise?
The new rules are:
- For formal nights, the cruise line recommends “suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns.”
- For smart casual nights, “think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear” and wear “collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits.”
What is the most popular river cruise in Europe?
Like the Rhine, the Danube flows through many different nations. Route: Europe’s most popular river for cruising stretches across almost 2,000 miles.
What is the best river cruise in Europe?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What should I pack for a European river cruise?
1) Think casual.
During the day, cruisers dress casually and comfortably. At dinner, most women wear tops and slacks (or dresses); men opt for casual (or collared) shirts with long trousers. River cruises have no “formal nights” although some people dress up (evening casual) for a farewell or Captain’s dinner.
What do you wear on a Uniworld river cruise?
Uniworld River Cruises Dress Code
Smart casual clothing is the appropriate cruise attire during the day on a Uniworld river cruise. During the evening, at dinner, men may wear sport coats and women may wear cocktail dresses or a pantsuit.
Are gratuities included on Viking River Cruises?
Amadeus River Cruises
These gratuities are split among the crew members. You can pay by cash or by credit card at the end of your cruise. However, if you visit the beauty salon or get a massage and want to tip the provider, bring cash — in euros. You won’t be able to charge a spa tip to your onboard account.
What should I pack for a river cruise?
What to Pack for a River Cruise (and What to Leave Home)
- Power strips and/or converters.
- Walking shoes.
- A thermos or plastic water bottle.
- Rain gear.
- A tote bag.
- Extra memory cards for your camera.
- Insect repellent.
- Cruise line luggage tags.
What do you wear to a captain’s dinner?
Dress for a captain’s dinner, toast or reception is fancy and formal. For men, at a minimum break out the sport coat, button-down shirt and nice tie, paired with khaki pants or solid-colored dress pants. Many men opt for a full two- or three-piece suit or tuxedo to make it a truly black-tie affair.
Are drinks included on Viking River Cruises?
Viking River Cruises
You may purchase your own local wine and bring it onboard to enjoy with your meals. There is no charge for corkage. Premium Beer, Wine and Spirits: No.
Can you bring a curling iron on a Viking River cruise?
All Viking ships have outside cabins with large windows, French balconies, or full verandas. Cabin size and layout vary by ship, but all have amenities like hair dryers and adequate storage space. Voltage is both 220 and 110, so an adapter may be needed for recharging some batteries or using a curling iron.
How much are drinks on Viking River Cruises?
Viking River Cruises bar prices:
Cocktails range from about 7.5 to 9 Euros. For example, a dry martini is 8 Euros. Premium wines average 8 Euros a glass.