- What is Curacao best known for?
- What is the crime rate in Curacao?
- Is Curacao expensive to eat?
- What is the safest Caribbean island?
- Do they speak English in Curacao?
- Is Curacao a poor country?
- What are the safest Caribbean islands 2019?
- Which country has the highest crime rate?
- What kind of money is used in Curacao?
- What do they eat in Curacao?
- Do I need to exchange money in Curacao?
- What should I bring back from Curacao?
Most visits to Curaçao are trouble-free.
However, petty theft and street crime is a concern.
There is violent crime among members of the illegal drugs world, but this rarely affects tourists.
The main tourist areas are generally safe, but you should take normal precautions.
What is Curacao best known for?
Curacao is definitely known for its beaches, and by far one of the best on the island is Klein Knip beach. Pristine sand, spectacular views, and the startling bright hues of the Caribbean sea combine to make this beach incredible. It’s a favorite of locals which means it’s well-worth a visit.
What is the crime rate in Curacao?
Crime rates in Curacao
|Level of crime||68.18||High|
|Problem people using or dealing drugs||59.09||Moderate|
|Problem property crimes such as vandalism and theft||65.48||High|
|Problem violent crimes such as assault and armed robbery||64.29||High|
|Problem corruption and bribery||56.82||Moderate|
8 more rows
Is Curacao expensive to eat?
Travelers with expensive tastes can eat at any of the island’s up-scale restaurants and can expect to pay about $20(USD) to $60(USD) per meal. Once on the island of Curaçao, most travelers will need to find transportation to get around and see the sites.
What is the safest Caribbean island?
Which Caribbean island is the safest?
- The British Virgin islands. The BVI.
- The Cayman islands. The Cayman islands.
- Bonaire. Bonaire.
- Antigua and Barbuda. Antigua and Barbuda.
- Martinique. Martinique.
- Barbados. Barbados.
- Anguilla. Anguilla.
- The Turks and Caicos. The Turks and Caicos.
Do they speak English in Curacao?
The languages of Curaçao
Curacaons are, by nature and necessity, masters of language. Most native speakers will use Dutch, English, and Papiamentu with equal aplomb. Dutch is the official language, while Papiamentu is the most common. Spanish is also spoken by most Curacaons, and English is widely used.
Is Curacao a poor country?
As a country plagued with such unrest, it should be no wonder that the Curacao poverty rate is over 25 percent. A small island country located in the Caribbean, much of the economy in Curacao is based around tourism and is thus highly sensitive to fluxes in the world market.
What are the safest Caribbean islands 2019?
The Safest Caribbean Islands in 2019 (And Where to Stay!)
- Aruba. Where to Stay in Aruba.
- Turks & Caicos. Where to Stay in Turks & Caicos.
- Cayman Islands. Where to Stay in the Cayman Islands.
- St. Maarten.
- Barbados. Where to Stay in Barbados.
- St. Lucia.
- Anguilla. Where to Stay in Anguilla.
- Martinique. Where to Stay in Martinique.
Which country has the highest crime rate?
Honduras has the world’s highest murder rate, with 90.4 homicides per 100,000 people.
What kind of money is used in Curacao?
Netherlands Antillean guilder
What do they eat in Curacao?
Here’s our guide to the top 10 dishes you can’t miss in Curaçao.
- Keshi Yena. Keshi yena is widely considered the signature dish of Curaçao.
- Bitterballen. A traditional Dutch bar snack, bitterballen are flavorful meatballs.
- Funchi or Tutu.
Do I need to exchange money in Curacao?
Netherlands Antillean guilder
What should I bring back from Curacao?
Here are 8 great things to buy in Curacao, all made right on the island.
- Gift Packs of Orange Liqueur. Curacao is famous for its orange-flavored liqueur by the same name.
- Chichi Doll.
- Tropical-Inspired Handcrafts.
- Aloe Vera Products.
- Dutch Cheese.
- Colorful Paintings by Local Artists.
- Dutch Delft Blue Souvenirs.