Are you allowed to bring dogs on a bus?
Unlike trains, there is no national legislation requiring buses to accept dogs, and although dogs are allowed on board lots of bus services, some restrictions and charges apply.
We have summarised the conditions of carriage of national and local bus companies below to give guidance on their pet policies.
Can pets ride on Greyhound?
Greyhound is strict about the animals it allows on its buses. With the exception of certified service dogs, animals of any species are not permitted on any Greyhound bus, either in the cabin with the passengers or below the bus in the storage compartments.
Which airlines are pet friendly?
Best US Airlines for Pet Travel
- American Airlines – Best US Airline for West Coast Travel.
- United Airlines – Best US Airline for East Coast Travel.
- Delta Airlines – Best US Airline for Large Pets.
- Southwest Airlines – Best US Airline for Cheap Pet Fees.
- JetBlue – Best US Airline for Pet Amenities.
Can we take pets in bus?
You may be thinking of taking your dog, cat, or other animal with you on the bus. Every company we work with has a particular animal policy, some don’t allow them at all, others allow them in the hold section of the bus.